::::::::::::::::::::::::::: ::::[G]od[O]f[R]ealiffe:::: :::::::::::::::::::::::::::

NASHVILLE -- Ilya Bryzgalov is feeling comfortable and very welcome in the Edmonton Oilers locker room, and the 33-year-old goal

#1 von jokergreen0220 , 06.12.2018 07:24

NASHVILLE -- Ilya Bryzgalov is feeling comfortable and very welcome in the Edmonton Oilers locker room, and the 33-year-old goaltender just proved he still knows how to shut opponents down. George Hill Jersey . Ryan Nugent-Hopkins and Taylor Hall scored 51 seconds apart in the second period, and Bryzgalov got a shutout in his first start for Edmonton as the Oilers beat the Nashville Predators 3-0 Thursday night. "Always like it when they dont score," Oilers coach Dallas Eakins said. "And he picked up right where he left off last game. I thought he was solid. He looked big in the net, everything. Check marks right across the page for him." Bryzgalov, signed by the Oilers on Nov. 8, made 33 saves in his first NHL start since April 25 when he was in net for Philadelphia. Jordan Eberle added an empty-netter in the final minute off an assist from Hall, and the Oilers have won four of five. "So far so good," Bryzgalov said. Predators captain Shea Weber was hit by a puck near his right eye at 15:24 of the second, dropped to the ice and immediately skated to the locker room. He did not return with what team officials called an upper-body injury and is day-to-day. Nashville, which had won two straight, lost for the second time in seven games. Predators coach Barry Trotz noted they have used four goaltenders themselves this season. "The guys are going to bear down and play hard for the new guy thats in net," Trotz said. "The new guy for them is Bryzgalov, and we talked before the game that we needed to get in the hard areas and throw some pucks. He hasnt played for a while. He may be a little rusty. The game might not be tight. .. But obviously we didnt play hard enough in those hard areas." The Predators hosted one of the NHLs two games and were the only American team in action Thursday, wanting to start a holiday tradition in Nashville pairing hockey with turkey. It was just their 11th home game this season, fewer than all but Dallas and the Rangers. Nashville outshot Edmonton 13-9 in a sluggish first period with the Predators playing the second game of a back-to-back after winning 4-0 in Columbus on Wednesday night. This is the Oilers only visit to Nashville this season and the start of a three-game road trip. Eakins said he thought both teams were checking hard, which can lead to a dull or sluggish game. "But when youre coaching and you need your team to get better defensively, thats a ray of bright light coming in when the game looks sluggish but your teams checking very well," Eakins said. The Oilers opened the second by taking the first five shots, and Predators forward Paul Gaustad and Oilers left wing David Perron each went to the penalty box for unsportsmanlike conduct at 5:07. Nugent-Hopkins tipped in a shot by Jeff Petry 25 seconds later during the 4-on-4, and Hall scored on a backhander from Sam Gagner at 6:23 for a 2-0 lead. "Were a fast, skilled team," Nugent-Hopkins said. "We have to take opportunities when we get them. Four-on-four is a situation that when we play our game, we can get a couple goals." Bryzgalov, who signed a one-year deal with the Oilers for $1.7 million, debuted Monday in Edmonton, replacing Devan Dubnyk in a 5-1 loss to Chicago. Bryzgalov stopped four shots from Weber in the first period, but Weber had only one shot in the second before the puck hit him in the face. "Obviously if we lose our captain, its always hard and we hope hes OK and hopefully he gets back soon," Predators defenceman Roman Josi said. Bryzgalov had a nice pad save on Predators forward Mike Fisher in the final minutes to finish off his 31st career shutout and second against the Predators. NOTES: The Oilers are 4-5-2 when scoring first. Nashville dropped to 2-10-0 when the opponent scores first. ... Bryzgalov improved to 10-6-3 against the Predators. ... The Oilers are 5-1-0 when leading after two periods, and Nashville is 0-11-0 when trailing after two. ... Nugent-Hopkins has seven points in the last four games. ... It was Nashvilles fourth game on Thanksgiving and first since 2007. The Predators won the first three on their own ice. ... Nashville is 2-2-0 in the second of back-to-back games this season. Cedi Osman Jersey .In a statement released Friday, the Catalan club said the Brazil stars recovery would be monitored to determine when he can begin training again. Shaquille ONeal Jersey . Cabrera is hitting .218 with three homers and 16 RBI in 80 games this season. The Padres recalled second baseman Brooks Conrad from Triple-A El Paso to replace Cabrera on the roster. http://www.cavaliersbasketballpro.info/terrell-brandon-cavaliers-jersey/ MINNEAPOLIS -- The Minnesota Twins are playing it safe with All-Star catcher Joe Mauer after having seen up close the damage concussions can do to a player. The Twins shut Mauer down for the rest of the season on Monday, saying it wasnt worth the risk to try to get him back on the field with the team far out of contention and Mauer still experiencing some symptoms of a concussion he sustained on Aug. 19. The Twins have seven games left in what has been another miserable season for them, and Mauers injury only adds to the disappointment. He was hurt when he took a foul ball off his mask against the New York Mets and hasnt played since. Mauer said he has seen big improvement over the last week, but there are still some lingering symptoms, including sensitivity to light, that tell him its not worth risking a setback by trying to get back for the final seven games of the season. "Its frustrating that Im not on the field and not able to play the game that I love," Mauer said after a workout at Target Field. "But I have to take care of this and make sure that Im healthy and ready to go next year." One of Mauers close friends, Justin Morneau, saw a series of concussions derail his All-Star career a few years ago. Former centre fielder Denard Span also struggled with them at one point, so the Twins have become particularly informed on treating players with the brain injury. The last thing they want is for Mauer, the face of the franchise who will make $23 million a year for the next five seasons, to experience similar difficulties. General manager Terry Ryan said Mauer hasnt experienced any setbacks and that the organization was just being extra cautious with its franchise player. "As we all know, those things are very touchy and sensitive," Ryan said. "Weve gone through this with Justin once before. I jjust dont want any setbacks and neither does he and neither does our medical staff. LeBron James Jersey. quot; Mauer said hes spoken with Morneau, who was traded to the Pittsburgh a few weeks ago. But hes also quick to point out that he believes hes on the right track to a full recovery and plans on being ready for spring training in February. "Hes checking in on me and seeing how Im doing," Mauer said. "I just want to make sure everybody knows Ive had some good days in a row and I shouldnt have any problems lingering. Im just going to try to keep getting better." Mauer was still struggling with considerable symptoms on the teams previous homestand. But he said he has made significant progress in the last week while the team was away on a West Coast road trip. He went through another workout before the Twins opened a series against the Detroit Tigers on Monday, but rather than have the issue hanging over the final seven games of the season, the Twins decided to bring some finality to the situation. The injury has reintroduced talk about moving Mauer from catcher to first base to reduce the wear and tear on his body. Over the past two years, the Twins have tried to keep Mauers bat in the lineup as much as possible by having him play more at first base and as the designated hitter. Mauer hit .324 this season, which was good for third in the AL when the day began. Mauer is determined to remain behind the plate and Ryan said he anticipated that Mauer would continue to catch next season, but its an issue that will be discussed this winter. "I have every intention of coming back and catching. Thats what I do," Mauer said. "But right now I have to take care of the situation so I can. I look forward to getting back out on the field next year as a catcher and whatever else they need me to do." cheap falcons jerseys cheap ravens jerseys cheap bills jerseys cheap bears jerseys cheap bengals jerseys cheap cowboys jerseys cheap lions jerseys cheap texans jerseys cheap colts jerseys cheap jaguars jerseys cheap chiefs jerseys cheap rams jerseys cheap dolphins jerseys cheap vikings jerseys cheap saints jerseys cheap giants jerseys cheap jets jerseys cheap eagles jerseys cheap steelers jerseys cheap 49ers jerseys ' ' '

jokergreen0220  
jokergreen0220

CLEVELAND -- No one will fault the Charlotte Bobcats for taking a moment to savour their second post-season appearance in franch
before full time.Edy Bra

[G]od[O]f[R]ealiffe
Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen
Datenschutz