::::::::::::::::::::::::::: ::::[G]od[O]f[R]ealiffe:::: :::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Major League Baseball may one day return to Montreal, but that day will not be coming any time soon, according to Bud Selig. [ur

#1 von jokergreen0220 , 26.08.2019 05:18

Major League Baseball may one day return to Montreal, but that day will not be coming any time soon, according to Bud Selig. Carlos Vela Jersey . Speaking with TSNs Michael Farber, the commissioner said that while franchise relocation and expansion is not currently being considered, the sour ending of baseball in Montreal would not keep the city from being awarded a franchise in the future. "With the 30 teams, you know we just went from 15 to 15 in scheduling, that was a very complicated process so there are really no expansion plans at all," he explained. "Fortunately, we dont really have any club that wants to move right now and havent for a long time. Its my last year and I cant, in the foreseeable future, see any expansion." Selig didnt rule out the possibility of Montreal landing a franchise again in the future, but added that one of the key steps would be getting a new stadium. "The first thing you need, and this has been true everywhere, even in existing places, is to build a stadium that can produce the kind of revenue you need today to compete," he said. "This is a sport now that is at an all-time high in popularity and revenue and everything else, but teams do generate a lot of revenue to compete and without a new ballpark, its not possible. So the first condition everywhere is to have a new ballpark." Selig also noted that having a local owner is crucial in establishing a franchise in a city. "You really need a group with local roots, who understands their market, but is also committed to keeping it in that market," he added. "Local ownership is vital." Speaking on the Expos and the series of events that led to their relocation in 2004, Selig said that he did not necessarily believe the sale of the franchise in 1991 was the "death knell" for the Expos, but called it "a sad day for baseball and a sad day for Montreal." He added that as the team was failing in the early 2000s, he tried to find another owner in Montreal to keep the team in the city, but couldnt find support. "(I) spent quite a bit of time, worked a lot with (team president) Claude Brochu, who was very good," said Selig. "Claude did everything in the world he could, and he was a wonderful citizen when it came to baseball. I know how he felt about Montreal, it just didnt work, but it wasnt for lack of effort. I came up there and we tried and we just didnt get anywhere." The commissioner also disagreed with the sentiment of some fans that Major League Baseball quit on the city of Montreal long before moving the Expos. "Thats regrettable," he said. "I dont believe that, in understanding of the historical facts and what happened, justifies that. I dont think MLB ever quit on Montreal. I think what happened, if you asked before and after Charles Bronfman sold the team, you bet I worked a lot with people to try to get permanent ownership and stable ownership but they obviously had a stadium problem. The Montreal people themselves talked about it a lot. So, I really dont think it was a matter of us quitting on Montreal. Montreal was a great part of baseball for all the years Charles Bronfman owned them, we had no reason to go against that in any way. I think we (MLB), every place we have been, we have made a very sincere attempt to really change the situation, and build stability into it, and weve succeeded everywhere else. And we tried in Montreal." With a decade gone by and the Expos firmly entrenched in Washington, D.C. as the Nationals, Selig added that the sour ending of baseball in Montreal would not keep the city from being awarded a franchise in the future. "The Montreal situation was one that we didnt want to happen, but with no ownership group and the very things that we have discussed here today, we had no choice," he said. "But as far as Im concerned, if and when that time comes, and there is a team, why wouldnt Montreal be considered?" Jonathan dos Santos Mexico Jersey . "First, I would like to offer my deepest and sincerest apologies for any harm I have inflicted on University of Missouri defensive lineman, Michael Sam," the statement read. Jesus Manuel Corona Mexico Jersey . Anaheim Ducks Reassign D Colby Robak to Norfolk Admirals (AHL). - Team Website D Eric Brewer (foot) removed from injured reserve. http://www.nationalsoccermexico.com/raul-jimenez-mexico-jersey/ . Atletico Madrid made it three wins from three thanks to a double from in-form striker Diego Costa in a 3-0 victory at Austria Vienna, leaving the Spanish side on the brink of the last 16 already to continue its brilliant start to the season.George Coetzee holds a one-shot lead after the opening round of the Turkish Airlines Open, where Lee Westwood failed to capitalise on a fast start. Latest leaderboard Turkish Airlines Open The South African fired eight birdies on his way to a seven-under 64 in Antalya to sit one clear of nearest challenger Thorbjorn Olesen, with Westwood six off the pace following an up-and-down 70.Top seed Danny Willett, who needs a top-five finish to reclaim top spot in the Race to Dubai standings, sits in the group on two under, while defending champion Victor Dubuisson stuttered to a one-over 72. Willett currently lies second in the Race to Dubai standings Beginning at the 11th tee, Coetzee posted three birdies in a four-hole stretch before carding his only blemish of the day at the 17th. Four more gains along the front nine were followed by a 15-footer at the 10th to set the clubhouse target. Ive been really lucky to get in to this event and Im just trying to make the most of it, Coetzee told Sky Sports. Ive been playing better in the past three or four weeks and it was just a question of putting everything together. Live European Tour Golf November 4, 2016, 9:00am Live on Get Sky Sports Get a Sky Sports pass A bogey-free 65 lifted Olesen to outright second ahead of Bernd Wiesberger, Matteo Manassero, Haotong Li and Jorge Campillo - who aced the par-three 14th on his way to ending the day five under. Hirving Lozano Jersey. estwood, who has been working with former snooker professional Chris Henry to work on his game, was within one of the early leaders after firing four birdies over the front nine. Westwood sits in a tie for 30th after the opening day The Englishman then double-bogeyed the 10th and carded three more bogeys along the closing stretch to slip down the leaderboard.Willett birdied the last to close his two-under 69, with Ryder Cup team mate Andy Sullivan ending the day level par and Alfred Dunhill Links champion Tyrrell Hatton a further stroke back.Watch the Turkish Airlines Open throughout the week live on Sky Sports 4 - your home of golf. Live coverage begins on Friday from 10am. Or watch the whole tournament with a NOW TV week pass - £10.99, no contract. Also See: Latest leaderboard 2015 recap: Dubuissons win European Tour latest news Golf live on Sky Sports ' ' '

jokergreen0220  
jokergreen0220

CHICAGO - A few days into the regular season, the short-handed Boston Celtics and Chicago Bulls already are in grind mode. [url=
MINNEAPOLIS -- Keeping things simple is working just fine for the Houston Rockets. [url=http://www.authenticbuccaneerspro.com/Vi

[G]od[O]f[R]ealiffe
Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen
Datenschutz